Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Sarki Thermal Laminator Product Review

So, I was contacted by a company called Sarki, who makes various types of small appliances. They asked me if I'd be willing to do a couple of product reviews for them. They offered to send me this laminator at no cost in order for me to look it over, review it, and post my reviews on various social media platforms that I use. Here's an overhead screen capture from the video that I made and will be uploading to YouTube soon. I got the black one here, although they also make a white one here.


After filming and playing with the unit, I'm rather impressed. For the retail price of $79'ish, I sure hoped that I would be. This thing is business-class. It will laminate using 3-5 mil pouches of varying sizes, giving a fair amount of flexibility. I purchased the package (out of my own pocket) of laminating pouches below from Amazon to do the testing, and if I decide to keep the unit, some home laminations. I wanted the maximum amount of flexibility, so I spent a little of my own money, just in case. If I decide to do a giveaway on my YouTube channel for it, the pouches will go ,too.

 Purchase on Amazon


So, for the demonstration in the video, my inner nerdness came out. I decided to laminate a character sheet from Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. I used a classic character sheet, because that's how I roll. Laminating a character sheet is excellent because during gameplay, as characters take damage, they can use dry- or wet-erase markers to keep track of things like hit points, wounds, armor class, etc. as they can often change during the game.

The laminating process with this unit is simple. You turn it on, and press the button for the thickness of the laminating pouch you're using. This button will light up. There's an LED light beside the 3mil button that will turn green when the unit has warmed up sufficiently to laminate that thickness. It only seemed to take about 30 seconds to heat up for the 3mil pouch.



Then, simply slide the item to be laminted (in the pouch) into the unit from the top, as indicated by the red flashing arrow, and the unit will pull the pouch through, laminating it as it goes. My 8 1/2" x 11" 3mil lamination took right at 45 seconds as you can see in the image below:


The finished laminated character sheet would be indestructible at the gaming table. If you know that you're playing with kids, or just dirty slobs who eat while playing, you don't have to worry about drink spillage, pizza droppage, or any other calamity that might befall your character.


In general, I have to say that I really like this product, as it's made very well. In a small office environment is where this would really shine. At home, where I have it, it will only occasionally get used, but that's okay. There are lots of things I can use it for, such as laminating phone number lists to stick in the kids' school backpacks, or if the print is small enough, in my wallet. It can be used to laminate certificates, pictures, just about anything you want to protect, but I think, if I keep the unit, that I'll use it for things like character sheets, etc.


The basic information Amazon provides on the product is below:

  • ◆Fast Warm-up: Only takes 3 minutes to warm up, definitely time-saving while laminating.
  • ◆2-Roller system: Hot and Cold Laminating system satisfies different pressure requirement with an amazing speed of 12.6 inch/min and makes the project material laminated in a perfect and flatten way.
  • ◆Perfect size: Laminator with maximum width 13.3 inch (A3 size paper) and speed of 12.6 inch per minute. Supported thickness of laminating item is up to 0.02 inch.
  • ◆Automatic shut off: Laminator will automatically turn off, if it stays idle for 20-30 mins. Which is more convenient and safe for you.
  • ◆Easy-to-use Design: 4 temperature settings for cold pouch, 3 mil, 4mil, 5 mil with LED Indicators, and single operation switch, clearly show you the status of machine and quite easy for the beginner to use and suitable for applying in home, school and office.


The laminator is available on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DVQ8X4D

1 comment: