Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Keto Weight Loss Update - Week 2

In two previous posts (HERE and HERE), I discussed a supplement that I was starting, along with migrating to a keto diet. I've taken my '2 weeks later' weight and body fat numbers, and here they are in summary:

Day 0 -  197 lbs, 35% body fat.
Day 7 -  195.5 lbs, 33% body fat
Day 14 - 194.5 lbs, 32% body fat

As I mentioned last week, the numbers don't look all that impressive until you do some math:

On Day 0, I weighed in at 197 lbs with 35% fat, which equates to 69 lbs of fat. (yuck).
On Day 7, I weighed in at 195.5 lbs, with 33% fat, which equates to 64.5lbs of fat.

Over the first week, I lost 4.5 lbs of body fat.

More math gives us this:

194.5 lbs x 0.32 percent = 62.24 lbs of total body fat. The previous week, I had 64.5 lbs. That's a loss of  2.26 lbs of fat. Pretty good in my book. I only lost a pound of total weight, which means that muscle mass didn't decrease.

So far, on the ketogenic diet, I've lost 2.5 lbs of weight, but I've lost 6.76 lbs of body fat. Nice!

As previously stated - it's recommended that in general, 50 (net) grams or lower is better, with less than 20 (net) grams being ideal. I drank a half a cup of coffee yesterday with splenda and a dash of sugar to cut the artificial sweetener taste, and then added 3 g worth of half-and-half carbs. Other than that, I have pretty much stopped drinking coffee to reduce my carb intake.


This week, I've been compiling recipes from this book I found. The recipes are great, and arranged by meal or type:

The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: Easy, Whole Food Keto Recipes for Any Budget

 Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook



#keto #ketolife

No comments:

Post a Comment