Friday, March 15, 2019

Osiris is Alive. Well, the Book is Anyway...

So, after a very long road, my first novel, Osiris, went live on Amazon for sale last night around 6pm, a day earlier than I'd planned. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm quite surprised. I received an email from them stating that the verification step for the novel was taking longer than expected, so I assumed that it might actually be late.

It turns out that there is another science fiction writer who shares my name, Jeffrey Thomas. He's written some eight or ten books, so my guess is that Amazon's bots were trying to make sure I wasn't him, or wasn't trying to scam something that he wrote.

Anyway, all worked out, and the book is live. It's been a long, convoluted story, as I mentioned in an earlier post. Osiris, written under the working title 'Dark Star' was written, shelved, edited, shelved, read, shelved, etc. for some 18 years. Crazy.

So, fast-forward to November of last year and NaNoWriMo. I had planned on doing edits on Osiris, then edits and rewrites on the sequel, and if I completed the rough draft, moving right on to the third book in the series in an attempt to get my 50k word goal. It turns out that fate intervened and that didn't happen.I worked on a new story idea and completed the 50k word goal with that rough draft, but I was in full 'writer' mode. Once November was over, Osiris was back on my desk, ready for beta reads, edits, and publishing. That all came to fruition last night.

Osiris went live, so this morning, I created my amazon author page here, (https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B07PPSL844), and they're in the process of linking the book's sales page to my profile. I've had a sigh of relief that it's out there, but now comes the work of marketing. That's a difficult thing for most people to do. So, I'm working out a schedule for the next two months to spend a set amount of time doing marketing for Osiris, and a set amount of time writing, editing, etc., for the second book. My goal is to have this second book released sometime this summer. Sign up for my newsletter to get up-to-the-minute updates on the progress of all of this on my website at https://www.jeffreythomas.net.


No comments:

Post a Comment