Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I'm working on putting together a narrated slideshow that gives some details on a bed frame I built a while back. I wanted to build it because we got this great bed, but it sat on a flat plastic platform, so there was no under-bed space for storage, or a place for monsters to live. The bed has no box springs, as it's an air bladder mattress, and doesn't need one.

We could have gotten a regular, cheap metal bed frame, but you're still limited to 6-8 inches of under-bed space, and we wanted more. Those square plastic risers just weren't an option for me. They just seem too unstable. Off to the workshop!

I decided to build a wood platform that the mattress can rest on. One issue that we have is that the mattress is a queen, and the stairs going up are split, with a landing in the middle, so if I made a large platform, we'd never get it up the stairs.

So I sat down with some paper, a pencil, and all the algebra and geometry I remember from high school and commenced to work. In short order, I had a plan.

Keep an eye on my YouTube channel for the overview video that will be uploaded soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment